Thursday 4 March 2010

Abyss

I am so tired. This is a common complaint of mine, but usually it is due to an 'unsociable' sleeping pattern and too many hours in bed. Now I have a socially acceptable pattern but I am only getting seven or eight hours a night and that isn't enough. My most productive time of the day is the evening but now I am just so tired when that comes around. I keep waking up at 9 even though I want a lie in. It's so annoying, and even if I go to bed early I can't sleep for three or four hours due to my hard mattress and the inability to switch off my brain.
I want to read Dead Until Dark and edit my newest poem but I can't because I have this stupid essay due in for Monday (which I still am not clear about- but my teacher is a pile of poo and wont explain things to me- so I am just going to have to wing it) and I want to do my Louis-meets-Azazel fic but can't until after this and the presentation the week after.
I woke up the other day and realised why I went into further and higher education in the first place. Yes, I enjoy it. Yes, I love learning about my chosen subjects; but really it is all just to delay stepping into the abyss that awaits me. As soon as I step out of education I will fall into this black hole and I don't know if I'll be able to crawl back out of it again. I'm approaching the end of my 2nd year. Uni is going all to quickly and darkness awaits. Frankly, it's terrifying.
And I am coming down with a cold. This is going to be such a fun weekend!
All in all I am not a happy bunny at the moment. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment