Monday 15 March 2010

Good Day?

I had my presentation today. Executed amid yawns and blank faces, but it is over and done with now. I didn't make eye contact but at least I didn't forget anything. Our lecturer asked some awkward questions that I don't think are to be taken as a good sign.
Went into town and spent money, on clothes of all things. I went straight to H&M since that's the only place I know of where I can find something without having trawl through everything. So I have two new tee-shirts, a suit jacket and a new necklace (that looks more like something my sister would wear, but it's pretty and old fashioned and was cheap so I am happy). I did hurt my shoulder trying to get out of a stupid dress. It actually looked quite nice but no way am I buying something that is that difficult to get out of (you can make your own joke here).
Came home after buying food and realised I'd locked myself out of my house and room, my phone battery had died so I couldn't call anyone and I had to sit in the street and wait for someone to come home. Luckily Matt and Kim came home about ten minutes later and let me in, and Matt was very lovely and broke into my room for me, which was very nice of him, especially considering the fact that we really don't get on at all. I am going to override my natural suspicion and make a new start concerning them, which shouldn't be too hard since it's two weeks until the Easter holidays and then only 4 weeks until Summer.
I have chicken goujons and baked beans (I know, fancy eh?) and ginger beer which is the best thing ever right now, although while I was looking for my fork I realised that Henry was eating with it. I very nearly freaked out entirely, but I am perfectly well grounded and so I waited for him to leave before I started muttering to myself; I just banged a few drawers to let him know I was looking for it. If it was Charlotte or someone using it, it wouldn't freak me out anywhere near as much, but because I don't know him it makes this horrible knot in my chest and I panic.
I will remember the good parts of my day and watch series one of Skins. That will make it better :)

2 comments:

  1. I hate presentations, so i do know how you feel!
    however, i do make eye contact.....but i do get nervous....
    so well done on you getting that done...!!

    (y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am so relieved it's over. Now I just have poetry and my Matrix essay to focus on :)

    ReplyDelete