Wednesday 14 April 2010

Bad!fic

So, I have one essay, six poems with a 700 word commentary on each to complete, two books to read and two exams to revise for. The next couple of weeks should be a lark.
However, today I'm writing fic. To be honest, what I am writing squicks me out, but I was reading something that had a really good premise, but the writing was terrible. So much repition and long, overflowy dialogue from characters that are supposed to at least pretend to be more stoic than that. I felt I was screaming at the screen when a particulary godawful horror flick is one, the one where you're like 'oh for god's sake, woman, DON'T go into the woods!'
So I thought I'd write something with a similar outline, although I have to say it's not the same, not at all. Not the same plot, just the same genre.
And yeah, what I've written creeps me out, and I think if I was looking for fics to read, I'd probably avoid this one.
This is what I do with my spare time x_x or rather, my time that really should not be spare because I have more important things/work that I ought to fill it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment