Monday 25 January 2010

Semester B; Demonology

First lesson of semester B today. It was kind of a waste of time, really. It was meant to be an introduction, but we basically got told the same stuff, e.g. 'don't use this text or that, use this blah blah'. The only things we needed from it was the module handbook (which we could have gotten next week as it took about 5 minutes to skim through it) and finding out our seminar groups, again we could have done that in the proper first lecture or been notified by e-mail. I think I'm just annoyed because I had to get up at 8am after 5 hours of frequently interrupted sleep.
I bought a book today. Plato. Although I didn't really buy the book, I bought the symbol; what the book represents (thanks, Baudrillard). I probably wont even read it, although it did look interesting, and because it is second hand from the uni bookshop it already has helpful annotation scribbled on the pages (:
I've been very interested in demonology and ghosts lately, scribbling down all the cool supernatural stories into a notebook, or book of shadows. I've been looking to do something with that book for a while now.
I'm going out tonight, film and pizza at Roisin's house. Exciting, I know. It was that or go out with Charlotte and her drama friends for drinks, which means feeling awkward and waking up feeling like shit at another 8am tomorrow. It should be good, although it's a shame that these people are all so adverse to horror films. Maybe I should take over 'Imprint', tell them it's a romance. They'd love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment