Monday 28 December 2009

Christmas

My Nanny forgot all her clothes when she went to Windsor for Christmas. My cousin, Jonathan had to come down on the train so he could pick them up for her. This was Tuesday. It was nice to see him, but my poor nan had to wear my aunt's pyjamas for a few days.

My dad came down for Christmas. It's been quite nice, he got me a Nintendo 64 for Christmas. A vast improvement on last years big glass diamond shaped thing. Think he's going back tomorrow (and I forgot to get him to format a DVD disc so I could copy Hamlet onto it! Maybe he'll have time tomorrow ...).

I got some DVDs that I've been wanting for aages. 'Queen of the Damned'; 'Repo! The Genetic Opera'; 'Doctor Who?: The Movie'; 'The Crow'; series one of 'Supernatural';and some other things. A blue top that I haven't yet tried on. It looks nice, but I'm not sure about the polo neck. I have too round a face. We shall see. Got some other nice things; chocolate, some money too, which is always well recieved.

I really liked seeing Hamlet with David Tennant on Boxing Day. I wanted to go and see it in the theatres so I was very excited about it being on the T.V. I thought it was really good, although Ophelia's dresses did look rather awful on her. I think Shakespeare is much easier to understand when you're watching and hearing it rather than reading it. Nine lines out of 10 I wouldn't be able to understand when reading the play. Then again I probably wouldn't get as much of Hamlet if I hadn't read most of it. The thing is with Shakespeare, that every line seems to have some important message, some elusive double meaning that is difficult to grasp all at once and when there is so much else that you need to understand. And yet it was once meant to entertain the masses ... I wonder if they all instantly understood all of these packed lines. Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment